My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Monday, September 27, 2004

 Ruckus In The Mornin'

"What the hell is wrong with the webpage?"
"ARGH!!!"
"I cannot do my transaction!"

And the list goes on. This morning when I arrived I was surprised to see more than 10 messages left for me. All all related to the server that I've been working on. A quick zip to the server room and I find the whole server rack is ON FIRE! No, not literally but the lights are blinking crazily and I know deep down that I've landed on a pile of shit. Shits to be more exact. The server next to it was working fine.

Turn up the monitor and it gives some garble picture. I'm getting panic by the second! I checked at the back and find that the monitor is connected to the server properly. Checked with the nearest engineer and he said it was an issue with the monitor. He gives a slight bang and the monitor returns to normal. Phew.

The horror crossed my mind was ten-fold! I imagined that the director would like to see me for a server down, and how the angry mob of application user will be banging with pitchfork and fire upon me. 10 seconds later, the monitor turned on and the screen displayed the most dreaded message of my life:

"Windows 2000 Server Message: It is safe to turn off the computer now."

What? The entire ruckus for nothing! I looked side and the lights have stopped blinking. I tried to shut it off but it wouldn't. Oh, now the shit hits the fan. I yanked off the cable for 30 seconds before connecting it again.

Then I saw the mob standing outside the server room with pitchfork & fires staring at me.

I shook off the imagination from my head. As I put back the power, the server switched on and after 5 minutes of loading (yes, a real server DOES load that long), finally I can see Windows login screen. I assessed it, run it, bang it and it runs fine. For now.

I went through the log and found out some idiot actually initiated a shutdown early in the morning. Too bad I cannot see who shuts down the system. Once I did, I'll hang him up on a crucifix and burn him down with the mob with pitchfork and chanting the song of death!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home