My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Monday, September 27, 2004

 Jackie Chan Gettin' Old

The other day I went and caught Jackie Chan's newest show New Police Story. And there's a lot of stupid show revolving in the show that I think it's appropriate for me to list it out:

  • Police are supposed to be highly trained officers to watch for traps and ambushes. If such team was unable to do so, they should have assessed it at the beginning to bring in better trained officers such as SDU.
  • How fast can an enemy grab a hold of a police officer ON ALERT and ARMED and then has time to tie them up above the warehouse?
  • The bad guy can play eight figure around the police and yet not been seen. This goes to show how bad training they must had.
  • At the end, the whole gang was foiled by only an officer, a technical support & a fake cop?
  • Not only that, they have to deliberately call their parents to console their children? That's not the standard police process! They will call in IF and ONLY IF there is a hostage negotiation.
  • An old cop can put a handcuff on a rope and then slingshot downwards without burning his hand?
  • I give up. There are so many lousy loopholes in the movie that it goes on forever if I continue to list it down...

In short, watch this show at your own discretion, but be forewarned that it's warped more darkly into a drama rather than an action movie as his previous offering. You only see minimal Jackie Chan's stunt over here but at least there are some fighting sequences which draw your attention.

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger N. G. Fainswift said...

Ah yes, Jackie Chan!

We all get old, and as a long standing fan of Master Jackie Chan, I find he is holding up pretty well. I haven't seen "New Police Story" yet, so I won't comment on that. I'm starting to feel old too... sigh... Well, I hope Jackie will soon find a new style of film that fits his age. BTW: Thanks for the mini-review!

Keep on blogging and stay healthy!
N. G. Fainswift 

Post a Comment

<< Home