My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

 HTML Illiterate

I was just designing our internal website and I had finished the standard text-reading engine. The whole website was just a big linker whereby it will read a certain text-source and then display out the website. Lazy having to maintain, I gave the project to my colleague in hopes he will maintain them.

Great, he started to learn the ropes but a quarter day later, he approached me and he wanted to make a website based on the design. Hmm, not bad, believing in all those free software, I give permission for him to use my code.

The problem is that he doesn't know any HTML codes, but he still wants to create complex codes like tables with frames. And he said my code just wasn't power enough. Hmm, I was thinking perhaps I can implement a VB code where it will automatically compile the source and format it as HTML. That means being a HTML illiterate, he just need to learn some basic stuff like links [url] and images [img] and he can write away in the new engine. I was thinking more like [table] with seperator | and the [br] to break the line.

Sounds promising. He finally handed me the ultimatum that will make my head spin for a few days more. I have made some rough sketches on my mind and it's been saved in my archive. Hmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home