My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Thursday, February 17, 2005

 Fold Under Pressure

One thing, I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know, time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal


I think I owe my dear reader an apology. Yesterday's blog was hardly discerning and I guess you guys must be scratching your head about am I talking about. Perhaps only a few like Ashotiwoth, Fuminari & Funkydeco might actually know what I'm talking about.

Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on / but didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me, will eventually be a memory, of a time when I tried so hard


As all of you would know, working in my environment involves in a lot of email reading due to the fact:

1. The people we're dealing is not sitting near us
2. Proof to show to management drones that we're indeed doing our job.

And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter


However, once in a while, some donkey Sales person would go around and try to get the best sales from our corporate customers. And because of that, they made wild claims that some tech support is able to do which we weren't.

Now, if this Sales person is only selling to a regular home user customer with a very low volume purchase, we would have ditch the idiot without a second thought. However, being a large corporate that generate revenues of millions, we have to take note and cover the Sales person's ass, even though it's not our freaking job.

And that's where the mail comes in.

One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so (far)
Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me


Usually, any rechargable batteries would have a very limited warranty. Unless you have special arrangement, all batteries will be covered only for 1 year. And this is where our Sales excels at: promising customer more than 1 year battery warranty. Under this special arrangement, Technical Support would have to absorb under it's own fund.

In the end

And that's where the headache comes in. I have to talk to so many parties, ranging from financial people to management drones and even up to manufacturing people to make sure we can deliver this plan to them. In accordance the previous plan, this deal has been closed off previously but the customer decided to buy more and wanted 'more' from this deal.

You kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter


As you guys would know, Sales as greedy as it is, wanted the customer so badly so they agreed upon this issue, and that's where they drag Technical Support down with this decision. They never understand that in order to make this whole thing work, it involves a lot of parties to obtain their conscent.

Being as what it is, that's why Sales are still Sales and Technical Support are still Technical Support and two will never mix that well.

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

2 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

The problem is our management is run by people such as Pointy Haired Boss that was featured in Dilbert. Not only they're incompetent but they care nothing else but their own big fat paycheck while us frontliners gotta take the shit.

Just like Normandy on D-Day. Bad management and people like the 101st Airborne has caused a lot of bloodshed on the beachfront. Not to sound patronizing the war veterans but that's one going on in our organization right now.

So another *sigh*... 

At 12:33 AM, Blogger Ping-Ping said...

As the Hokkiens say, -lun-

You either gotta be the person who makes a difference or you gotta be tolerant.

Look out the sky and see the rest of the world! It usually makes one feel better...that is if you still don't have to see the Sales people when you look around. :P 

Post a Comment

<< Home