My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, February 18, 2005

 Still Lots Of Stupid Customers

Today would mark the last day I would ever take calls for Technical Support. Monday onwards I'll be moving up to a background area where I will doing a lot of technical evaluation. Yep, it's a dirty job but someone's just gotta do it (boos at the background).

Seriously, previously when I was a call taking agent, I thought this job would be so easy and all the seniors that are in this position can relax due to the fact that they don't communicate much with the customers.

However, for this week, my perception on this new job function has changed. There are a lot of potential problem in this job. For once if you make a wrong move, the whole other department could have your throat for that. Your evaluation and technical expertise is put to the limit. You need to attend various boring meetings where the outcome is hoping diligently that your men could have the luck today for doing a better job.

And being the last day today, I still have to answer a lot of stupid calls. Ranging from headless chicken customers, to demanding ones, let's see how these idiots wanted to play. In any rate, let's get on with the show...

Me: "Thank you for calling Technical Support..."
Customer: "Listen to me carefully. I want your engineer NOW!"
Me: "Okay, may I know what product you're refering to?"
Customer: "What do you mean?"
Me: "Well, we sold a lot of products in the market, ranging from servers, desktop, notebooks even down to PDAs & projectors."
Customer: "I don't care. I just want your engineer to look into this."
Me: "I understand sir. But even engineer have their specialty. Some would be an expert in servers and some in desktop."
Customer: "So you cannot help me?"
Me: "I can if you would tell me what's your product?"
Customer: "I don't know my product."
Me: "Hmmm..."
Customer: "You're not very helpful. I'm going to complain you. Can I have your name?"
Me: "Here goes...."
Customer: "And you employee number?"
Me: "Here goes..."

Phone slammed. Let's see what kind of complain the idiot can conjure. I hope this guy can do better than giving my names for a product he didn't know. For all I care, he might have just purchased our competitor product and is calling us for support... Next!

Me: "Thank you for calling Technical Support..."
Customer: "Hallo? Hallo?"

if customer = "stupid" then dummy_mode=on;

Me: "How can I help you sir?"
Customer: "How do you connect through this wireless thingy?
Me: "Okay, you just... " (given the steps)
Customer: "Oh... how come still cannot connect?"
Me: "Well, perhaps you need set your security. Can you check whether it's correct?"
Customer: "I cannot see my settings now."
Me: "How is that so?"
Customer: "The system is not with me..."

Another customer worthy of us to slam his face down into a blender.

4 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Ping-Ping said...

Hmm...I am actually thinking of calling Dell this weekend to ask about my DVD player since it cannot detect any DVD that I pop into it. *sarcastically* Now I know what NOT to say. :P 

At 11:45 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

Aiyoyo.... for the love of God, these idiots most probably still be desperate enough to ask about how come their Anti Virus is not running while calling into the projector support... 

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Shar said...

Hahaha. I have people calling up Spare Parts Sales with questions like how to do a powerpoint presentation.
<_< 

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

No wonder everyone is so busy... 

Post a Comment

<< Home