My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, July 30, 2004

 Marching Up To The Firing Squad

Tough luck today as I had a very bad lunch date.

Two of the colleague announced that they'll have to change their lunchtime soon. So I and a couple of colleagues decided to try something new; we went to Secret Recipe near Sunshine Bayan Baru. Problem right now is that we have only an hour for lunch. And the staff at the restaurant take mighty long time to actually prepare it, although we stressing on the time. Finally the lunch came and we can actually make it with some 10 minutes lost.

The lousy thing is that my and a colleague's food is not cooked! We strapped open the chicken and found that it's hard and still cold, despite that the outer skin is warm. We take it back to the kitchen and the staff re-cooks it for us. That took another 10 minutes. By the time we ate, paid the bill and returned to the office, I was half-an-hour late.

And that's only the first problem to come.

Apparently there are about 9 customers with itchy fingers decided to dial into our call centre and then dropped because they cannot wait. A colleague of mine was handling a lengthy call because the first customer is just too novice to troubleshoot. I saw the after report and then my acting-queue-leader stomped into my cubicle and demanded that I have a 1-to-1 with her after her lunch. I'd be in big trouble. I have to prepare to explain why I was late, and how come there were not contingency plan for the 9 call drops.

Already having a bad day with this, the localization officer updated me that they need the India database to be up as soon as possible. Think I'm going to scrap this project and throw it back to the manager since he PROMISED the India people, I think it's time that he fix the problem by himself!

After the fiasco, a call came in. This stupid customer said something about his system unable to synchronize to his Microsoft Outlook. Found out he didn't even install Microsoft Outlook in his computer. Why can't this customer see the logic? Oh I forgot, he's already an idiot.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger KEF said...

Let the lady thaw for an hour of more :) She'll cool down :)

Don't walk right in or risk being kicked all over!

I always have problem with having lunch outside of the office. That strips down to, if you want a fast lunch, you only have the wet market, McD, KFC and mixed rice shops :)

Either that of buffest lunch in the hotel >.) 

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

Such a bad thing working in the services line... 

Post a Comment

<< Home