My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Thursday, July 29, 2004

 Localization My Foot!

Problem with my Project Three. Now some idiot on top management agreed to help another centre, namely India. The idiot never actually consulted us whether can that be implemented or do we have the resources to do that. And to makes matter worst, I get mixed reply. At first I received mail from India people saying when the website is up? Then I checked with the localization officer and found my team's job is only to do the SEA localization.

After some back and forth email, I found out the naked truth. Apparently a top management big-shot promised to host the tool on our server, on our premises and stripping away half of our bandwidth to make-do for the India office. Problem now that he is unaware now is that we have only one running server at the moment and it simply cannot run 2 database host at the same time. I can do the modification but if I do the application transfer to them after they managed to obtain their server, they'll face tremendous problem porting it to their server.

*sigh* These management people are so engrossed to becoming a bigshot that they put more brainpower to shoe-shine upper management that they forgot the real people doing the jobs are the one below them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home