My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

 Some Recap on Headless Chicken Incident

My ex-manager has asked me this question before:

How do we reduce the misc calls?

My answer: The problem arisen when there are a bunch of customers who were not informed properly or not listening properly called to a toll free support number and they just simpy press any number in order to talk to another person. These people are what I termed as 'headless chicken' calling in the queue and don't know where to go. They are either ignorant person or they are too stupid to understand the product that they are having. I don't want to take the time to understand these people and I don't even want to analyze how we can resolve the issue. Until we can come out a way to shoot these people that made the wrong call, I'd safely say that we cannot do anything to nurture these moronic people.

So, do you think should we change the messaging?

My answer: I think not. You have to imagine we have changed the messaging about 2-3 times before. Previously we had very small business line and therefore, it worked perfectly well. After that as the business grew bigger, we changed to a nice Australian gentlemen accent to potray some sense of international support and some idiots are complaining that they cannot understand his English. I get a Chinese-educated fellow to check it out and he said there was no problem at all, he can understand but not the a very detailed information. Fine. We changed to another messaging person, this time a lady and she spoke without any accent detailing on navigating through our phone system. And you know what these fellas are complaining? Our messaging system isn't clear enough for them! So you think we need to change the messaging? No. I think we should make it hard for them to call and by halfway they are looking for ways to call us, they give up. These people should be thought self-reliance, scouring the web for any needed information. But do these people care? No. Even with a fine search engine called Google, these people are so helpless against the stuff that they have purchased.

But we should help our customer!

My answer: I believe we should help customer, not helping stupid and ignorant people. I hate to help people that doesn't like to explore his own creativity to his own end. I hate to help people that has no virtual sense of attaining his goal of learning. In other words, I really hate to help people that doesn't have the prerequisite of learning. If they have that on the first place, they would have:

1. Have no problem reaching the correct support line
2. Have no problem understanding what product that they are having
3. Have no problem reading the manual
4. Have no problem asking the right questions
5. Probably no problem at all, and they solve the problem by themselves

Lastly, unless we can find the cure for stupidity, we are stuck by having all these misc calls.

Wow, you sounded harsh...

My answer: Let's see how well you perform if you take 50 calls a day with all these stupid people barking at your throat demanding for this and that, not realizing that they are in the wrong queue line.

13 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger KEF said...

This morning blog makes me laugh so hard I'm tearing...

You bitch a lot about the customers :) 

At 10:53 AM, Blogger Jaselee said...

You got to try it to experience it. Imagine you're buying a computer for a family member who's a computer-illiterate. Now imagine that you have 30-40 that types of customer. Nightmare eh? 

At 11:14 AM, Blogger ashotiwoth said...

*in small, hissing voice* I hear stupid ppl....

kekekekeke 

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jaselee said...

I can remember you on the other day where you took two desktop calls when it's already pass your working time. Oh, you have that scarry look "I'LL KILL THE CUSTOMER!" and then "AND THEN I'LL KILL..." 

At 11:46 AM, Blogger KEF said...

Hmmm, I'm not quiet sure how to take this...

My mom can get a little frustrating sometimes... but I can understand what she's having trouble with and most of the time will be able to help out...

I wonder what's so frustrating about it... but I guess the volume of 50/day of that same request is a little too much...

Why did you choose this job? 

At 12:00 PM, Blogger gotenks said...

To make your job a more challenging one, try to accept 100 headless chickens a day... that should make it interesting enough, of course, if it doesn't burst your head off...

chicken run 

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

Christina,

When I took this job, it was simply covering for the global corporate portables. I can work with all those fast and efficient helpdesk who know what they want. Soon after, they need a person to work for the PDA & Projector support, so I was transferred directly there. Trying to support the home/small business people proofed to be futile. Soon after that even the notebooks need help so I was headed there along with PDA & Projector support. And it goes downhill from there...

Gotenk,

I was thinking more of the GPS + voice recognition device like what you see in Charlie's Angel (1st movie) plus something like an Ion Cannon (Command & Conquer). In any event of a stupid call, we align the orbiting satellite and rain a pure energy beam and cleanse the world from extra stupidity... 

At 1:18 PM, Blogger gotenks said...

ooh... command and conquer... i love that game sooooooooo much, more than any of the currently available real-time strategy games... and i like to use that ion-cannon soooooooo much that i can deeply connect with your current feeling of excitement letting off the pure beam over the target...

i wish i can own this gadget...

maybe we could use the flame tank and burn them away... hahahaha... i like that too, not in reality of course...

sadhu sadhu sadhu 

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. 

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator. 

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

ARGH! Why I must be so itchy handed to press the small recycle bin?

Ah those were the days...

Eva: Ion Cannon Charging

And you have all those Orca defending your military installation, how you build up all those SAM sites to withstand an airstrike

Eva: Ion Cannon Ready

Then you damage enough enemy buildings, you just activate Ion Cannon and everything was blown to pieces... Ah, the joy of command & conquering... 

At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jase Lee,

Don't whine about your work. I see you are getting like your friend who brags of himself. Remember? "My mouse is better than your mouse"!! You don't want to be a BASTARD like him do you? Can't you just take me as your role example. I dont complain about that. I meet customers everyday is it not more a bigger problems than yours?? I get bark at their location then I got screwed at office! Dont you agree I am facing more preassure and stree? The problem in my situation is i can't show facial nor bark back at them BUT you have a chances... BARK back at them show them who is the boss around. Like that also must teach you arr.. Got time call me or come down here to hell city. Say, you have a very nice site. Can you make me one ... :) I am not so free like you! Just facing the square box everyday is really fun.

Regards
Annoymous 

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

I can see where's this is going... You love to bark at others with these accusation and yet you expect fun and kick from it. Most probably you don't have anyone to let it out to. Hmm, and you expect some nicey after those things you are barking? Hehe, dogs that bark/bite don't get any doggie biscuits, my friend... 

Post a Comment

<< Home