My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, October 01, 2004

 PGP: Other Cryptology Methods

Alright, I've explained much about cryptology on my previous post, so I guess it's alright if I discuss about other cryptology methods as well. There are various other methods of protecting the data, other than PGP & ROT13 and some of them uses a very low-tech to pass on the data to the intended recipient.

What I will share is the most basic cryptology methods. If you do need more advanced methology, try to check it out in Google.

Some basic ones use number to represent the character. This goes for the table like this:

a / b / c / d / e .... x / y / z
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 .... 24 / 25 / 26

So, a simple message such as:

This is a message

Would roughly be translated to

20/8/9/19/9/19/1/13/5/19/19/1/7/5

The table above is the most basic character-number code representation, but for more complex encryption, you can swap the numbers around the table, so that a person will find it hard to derypt your message without a proper table. You might even try an inverse table:

a / b / c / d / e .... x / y / z
26 / 25 / 24 / 23 / 22 .... 3 / 2 / 1

Another method is called anagrams, which uses simple technique to swap words around the order. For example:

This is a message

I would have to remove the spaces & put in capital to indicate it is a new word:

ThisIsAMessage

And I can rearrange the code to:

T|i|A|s
h|s|M|a
i|I|e|g
s|s|s|e

You need to read the message from top down in 4 spaces. By merging the message in a single file, you'll get:

TiAshsMaiIegssse

Great stuff huh? Realize that the message is separated to 4 letters, so basically my key is 4. The person decrypting this message must have the key to decrypt the sequence. Okay, I guess that's enough for today. Let's see if I can come out with more material for other methods as well. Hope you guys have fun fusing English characters with mathematics. If you want more information, you might even want read my next post.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger purple girl said...

This is real interesting stuff ! 

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Jaselee said...

Not quite, if you have played with advanced cryptology it'll be more fun. I don't think I want to cover that as it'll make reading boring. Most of these I've been using as jokes & pranks but I'll look up for morebasic cryptology. 

Post a Comment

<< Home