My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

 Doing My Bid For Charity

Okay here am I working my ass off in the morning answering to hordes of customers (I guess Sales must have made an impact again) when one of the old project manager walked up to me.

Manager: "Dude, really need your help."
Me: "What up?"
Manager: "We need a fast coder, someone with your capabilities."
Me: "Anyone you have in mind?"
Manager: "Yeah, you!"

Hmm, looks like these guys actually might be serious for this once.

Me: "Okay, so what you need for the project?"
Manager: "Orait, we need an online order form. Something like purchasing book over Ebay but the collection will manually be done by our administrator. This is used for us to sell T-Shirt & bookmarks and the fund collected will be used to aid the tsunami victims."
Me: "Sounds fair. What is my time limit?"
Manager: "Eight hours."
Me: "You got yourself a deal. What you need on the online form?"
Manager: "We're selling t-shirts and bookmarks."
Me: "Now remember this, a deal is always a deal."
Manager: "Deal!"

So I've coded the online form whole morning and I finally finished it, coupled with lots of filter, help, description and even the nifty little check out button. Once my eight hours are up, I presented the project to the manager. The manager approved of the project. However, there's his idiot assistant which came around and told me they're not selling bookmark anymore.

This has caused a problem because to make a job fast, I choose to hardcode my project. A softcode project will take longer to complete but it'll be a hassle-free if they choose to do modification on the content.

Well, how can that be? Yours truly is a master coder and actually I have ways to have a shortcut on the process. However, since the idiot ASShole ASSistant actually blindly started this project without a proper through check, I'll give her a real problem just to boot.

So back to the manager...

Me: "Well, if you want me to make this whole changes, it would take another 8 hours."
Manager: "Eh, cannot make it faster ar?"
Me: "I don't have the resources."
Manager's Assistant: "But since you have the original code, you can rewrite the whole thing faster mar!"
Me: "Perhaps you care to write the code?"

The ASSistant kept quiet during the whole discussion. Apparently she's the one responsible for the procurement of the T-Shirts and bookmarks. She already knew that the bookmark sale was off even before the manager approached me for this project. Since she didn't update me during the project initiation, I'll make sure she will have a hard time dealing with me.

3 Comments:

At 3:45 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

OMIGOSH! I accidentally clicked on the trash icon! Sorry on this man! 

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Sleekblackmercedes said...

nice blog! :) 

At 8:46 AM, Blogger ashotiwoth said...

the blardy inni-poh is forever like that, tsunami or no tsunami....:( 

Post a Comment

<< Home