My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Friday, December 24, 2004

 A Friend's Distress

Aih, the lack of post for yesterday was unaccountable but I was really busy the whole day. You see, everything all happened at once and luckily I can multi process the whole thing at once.

1. A lot of new agents came over to my place for short training and on-hand experience in talking to the customer (reverse-buddy system). I have to guide them and train them in the arts of listening & observation.
2. My auntie arrived from Australia for a day's stay but I was unable to receive them. I've taken all my annual leave to take care of my father that I do not have any leaves left in my account. Luckily there are some other cousins who can take my auntie around.
3. Hekaunic came over for his Palm & software thingy so went over all those computer stuff with him until late at night in which I don't have time to talk to my auntie, uncle & cousin. *sorry mate!*

Okay, here comes the highlight for the day...

4. A friend of mine, M has troubles of her own. Apparently one of her so-called 'friend' advised her that she should refrain from mixing & talking around because it would spoil her image within the company. I was thinking WTF? This guy obviously has a motive for asking her to change her life. And I doubt the motive is for her own good.

What kind of a friend who would want to deter another friend from mixing around? If she's mixing the wrong crowd then I would agree but so far all the crowd she's mixing seems to be a good one. Hey, being 4 years inside my company gives me the insight of estimating the crowds.

Let's look at this case logically. What are the posible reasons that 'friend' would want her to change her image?

A. The 'friend' is interested her: he should be the one to change, not her.
B. A Friendly advice: this is not a good motive for a 'friendly' advice.
C. For the image of the company: I doubt so.

Let's say Option A would be the case. Now, what could he gain if she were to change her lifestyle? Well the only explanation that I could think is that he will have less competition. Mixing less means he would have more of her instead of less of her. A cheap lame guy would try something like that. I'm not saying that his friend is a cheap lame guy but I have to admit that's a cheap trick.

Another explanation would be that he's insecure. Guys faced that all the time. They want the girls. They want them contained in their little sphere of influence that they jumped to the girls the second there is an opening. Many of my friends had used this tactics and that's why I’m sorry to say that I know this all a little too well. No, yours truly will never use such a cheap trick to get the ladies! *booing in the background*

So I advised M to think of what she wants and adjust accordingly. However, I told her what I think that this 'friend' is giving a false pretense and many of her other friends are supporting her current image, that is being joyous and outgoing. She should just be herself, because in a circle of friends, different people somehow makes relation more interesting. If everyone follows his advice and everyone would be like him, and there are no more diversity in the social interaction.

1 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

True. That's what I think at the first place! Now I'm very sure the 'friend' would use this dirty trick to get the girls! 

Post a Comment

<< Home