My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Thursday, September 02, 2004

 Iris

Suddenly I remembered there was this song Iris by Goo Goo Dolls. The song was featured in the movie City of Angels. It details an angel, Seth (Nicholas Cage) has fallen in love with a doctor, Maggie Rice (Meg Ryan). He decided to give up 'angel-hood' to become a human. To cut the story short, Meg Ryan's character died and Nicholas Cage was left to mourn her. It's kind of sad story because an angel went through so much for her only to find her died in an accident much later.

It was a surprise that the producer is able to find the song Iris matches the whole show completely. It explains how the protagonist's point of view and how he felt the love as an angel.
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
This part is where the Angel is staring into the eyes of Meg Ryan and thought she saw him. The truth is that she was looking at that particular direction without knowing that he is there (when he is still an angel).
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight
He starts to yearn to become a human to love the Maggie. Standing above the ledge, he tried very hard to tell the creator that all he wanted to do was to become a human.
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
He realized that the world isn't perfect and was pretty upset.
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive
The song practically lives in my mind till now!

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger zgirl said...

yeah, loved that show & the song. it was pretty sad. 

At 3:44 PM, Blogger Jaselee said...

Too bad this show didn't rave much ratings... Only one complain on the show, why on Earth would Maggie Rice riding a bicycle and let go her hands and close her eyes? That's like inviting her own death! 

At 6:09 AM, Blogger Jaselee said...

*Song from Blue Oyster playing in the background*

Dude, you still remember what it means right? 

Post a Comment

<< Home