My words are my thoughts and I'm a pessimist person who just thinks that Murphy's Law is what defines me. I believe that anything bad that has ever happened will continue to do so. So, if anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway...

Caution




The content of this blog is reflected to my very on skewed perception in life. That means I do not take responsibility on any account, and therefore, read this blog at your own risk!

Personal



Profile | Web | Fotopic
PGP Public Key

Email

ydtmaemtoiestedteaonetlj

It looks like a bunch of garbled text, huh? Well, you can actually learn how to decode using by reading this post.

If you hate challenges, you might want to try jlys@[remove-this]tm.net.my but I only used this sparingly as it's the primary target for junk mails.

Hidden Tab

New Post

Interesting Stuff

Fellow Photogs

Fellow Blogger

Additional

Powered by Blogger
Get Firefox!
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Creative Commons License
Listed on BlogShares

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

 Some Overzealous PR People

I'm having some headache because some PR1 people released our new LCD TV for the media for review. Now, Technical Support don't do this normally but when the media faced some issue in regards of their TV, guess who they call.

Right. Technical Support is a provider of linguished faith. We are the team that will turn water to wine and bring back the dead to life.

So I called up the customer and found that Singapore (yes, this media review is for the Singaporean market) has a special box TV that will decode those paid-per-view channels. The problem right now is our LCD TV is unable to receive the decoder display. If the decoder box was removed from the configuration, the TV works like a charm.

Now what does that tell you? LCD TV has a compatibility problem with the decoder box. We know very well of our LCD TV's configuration and it doesn't actually take a genius to figure out that there are more to the decoder box than the TV. However, these PR people are so worried that they pressure me to take a proactive action to investigate about this decoder box.

Like I have so much free time.

First of all, I don't live in Singapore. And if given the chance, I wouldn't want to live in Singapore. It's a hell hole place that spawned kiasuism in the first place. The shopping malls are fine and the girls are great but you think you really want to live in a regimented society? Thing is if I don't live there, why would I own one of their decoder box in the first place?

Second, our product are designed for RAW antenna to co-axial pictures. It's not meant for those special decoding that all TV is able to receive. In short, it's very small (19" widescreen) and is not meant to be placed in the hall. With a small LCD TV, you're supposed to put it in your kitchen or your bedroom where you can use your computer and a basic free-to-air channel to the TV.

And after I submit my findings to the PR people, guess what happened.

They came back and asked me how come I don't know how to configure the decoder box to the customer. After stating that I'm in fact staying in Malaysia, and more fact that I'm staying way up north, which is Penang, away from those losers, they still asked me how come I'm not familiar with the decoder box.

Some people are extremely dumb that I guess they've donated their brain to science before they start using it.

When finally the idea of ME UNABLE TO CONFIGURE DECODER BOX got into their head, they asked how come we release the product to Singapore knowing well that 80% of the population will use the decoder box for their paid TV? I told her I'm merely from Technical Support. Still she insist how come it was released to the public? Go figure. Seems that this woman is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.

Told her that we're not the one responsible for release. She should check with the marketing people that did the survey and testing. Still not understanding my statement, I told her to check with the people that initiated the release of the product to the public, NOT US TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

Finally she took a hint and released the call. No wonder there are so many stupid customers around.

1 PR stands for Public Relation. These are the people that will try to advertise our product like no tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger ashotiwoth said...

let me guess : the PR is a Singaporean.
maybe the PR thought that we are as Kiasu as them to know about Singaporean's product? stupid kiasu ppl... 

Post a Comment

<< Home